The Medium Hoofjack® will accommodate a pony up to a small draft or draft cross (hooves up to a size 7 shoe or less than 7 ¾” wide). The Medium Hoofjack® base has the same base diameter as the Standard Hoofjack but is 3″ shorter.
The Medium Hoofjack® came about as a response to calls we’ve received over the years from people saying they were having difficulty keeping their heel on the ground when using the cradle on a front hoof. We finally realized this was because the Standard Hoofjack® base was too tall for someone under 5’10” (or a floor to bottom of kneecap distance of less than 18”) when using the cradle on the front hoof.
While the Medium Hoofjack® can be used in place of the Standard Hoofjack® it is ideal for:
- smaller ponies (under 12 hands)
- the geriatric or injured horse with limited range of motion
- the user who is under 5’10” wanting to use the cradle on the front feet. An additional criteria to determine if the medium Hoofjack® is right for you is to measure the distance from the ground to the bottom of your kneecap. If that distance is less than 18” the medium Hoofjack® would be the best choice.
The Medium Hoofjack® includes one medium base, medium cradle, and one medium straight post with standard rubber cap.
- The medium base is made of linear polyethylene.
- Two strong 90 lb. pull magnets are included to hold your rasp, nippers, hoof knife etc., close at hand.
- The base material comes with a three year warranty against horse breakage.
- Free 40 minute Hoofjack® instructional video included.
- Supports the hoof for daily care, treatment, bandaging, and more
- Eliminates the need to put the hoof between your knees or support the horses weight with your body
- Take your mind off your back and knees and put it back into your work.
- Pull a shoe, trim, rasp, and nail on a new shoe without ever putting the hoof between your knees or supporting the horse with your body
- The solution for the leaning horse – let the horse lean on the stand and not on you
- Accommodates older horses with a limited range of motion
- Allows the horse to stand in an anatomically correct and comfortable position. A comfortable horse will be more compliant making your job easier and safer.
- The cradle and straight post can be used on both the front and hind feet meaning you never have to support the weight of the horse with your hands or your body again
- Use the straight post for clipping or applying hoof polish
- Apply and remove studs with ease
|Base Height||Base Width||Cradle Height Adjustment|
|9.25″ (23.5 cm)||18″ (45.7 cm)||11.5″ – 17″ (29.2 – 43.2 cm)|